Concordia International School will be a leading community of learning where both students and staff interact positively in the pursuit of knowledge and the development of life skills.
Concordia International School aims to passionately and purposefully drive student learning, to provide a balanced education for all and to transform lives.
1. A holistic education must be provided to students through challenging academic and non-academic programs.
2. Proactive and continuous evaluation will ensure an improvement in the quality of teaching and learning.
3. In a Christian school, a holistic education includes the development of respect, responsibility, self-discipline and the learning of the Gospel in a safe environment.
4. Students are continuously facilitated in developing their skills and no student is left behind.
5. A strong foundation in both academic knowledge and study skills are vital for college readiness and for life-long learning.
6. The ability to communicate effectively is important for learning from and interacting with others.
7. Respect and recognition of cultural diversity and difference in values is fundamental to understanding and accepting others.
8. Independent critical thinking and collaboration are key to success in a diverse and competitive society.
9. Global Leadership projects develop responsible, conscious and caring students.
10. A supportive and positive partnership between school, parents and the community ensures success in students.
THE SCHOOL WIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES (SWLO)
Students of Concordia International School will:
(1). Be Independent Learners to prepare for Lifelong Learning
a. Master effective study skills, academic knowledge and technological expertise.
b. Develop problem solving and research skills.
c. Think critically to sensitively analyze information and ideas.
(2). Be Global Citizens
a. Develop knowledge of international affairs in an interdependent world.
b. Provide service to others in our local and/or global communities.
c. Recognize diversity in values and demonstrate respect for cultures of the world.
(3). Communicate Effectively
a. Express themselves clearly through forms of speech, writing, media and non-verbal behaviors.
b. Listen, read and observe to gain understanding and respond appropriately in a variety of settings.
c. Work collaboratively in group settings to achieve common goals.
(4). Be Responsible and Ethical People
a. Demonstrate an understanding of right and wrong.
b. Demonstrate responsibility towards others and their property.
c. Demonstrate a responsible approach towards the environment.