P.E. AND YMCA PROGRAM
The Physical Education program is designed for the students:
- To develop physical competence and motor skills and to acquire knowledge of movement and safety, and their ability to use these to perform in a wide range of activities associated with the development of an active and healthy lifestyle.
- To participate actively and regularly in at least one co-curricular physical activity.
- To display appropriate etiquette and sportsmanship in physical activities and to show perseverance to face difficulties in daily life.
- To develop their confidence and generic skills, especially those of collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking and aesthetic appreciation.
- To nurture positive values and attitudes in PE, provide a good foundation for students’ lifelong and life-wide learning.
Besides the regular P.E. program offered to grades 7-10 students, they also have sports activities at the King’s Park Centenary Centre of YMCA every Friday afternoon.
At CISHK students are divided into four Houses for competition – Water, Air, Earth and Fire. Various club activities are organized on Wednesday afternoons by students.
To further enrich our regular PE program, distinguished guests on sports are invited to the school to provide demonstrations from time to time.
As well as developing the diverse skills of all students, our extra-curricular activities have provided students the chance to enrich their school life in Concordia.